One of the major issue/bug with I9100XXKP1 firmware is that the 3G data doesn`t work. Well you don`t need to worry about this. There is a solution to it using ADB i.e. Android Debug Bridge. I have compiled step by step procedure to solve 3G modem issue in I9100XXKP1.(100% tested and working by me and readers)
Please note that you need to root your phone first to make this work on I9100XXKP1. (I9100XXKP1 rooting guide)
- Rooted phone with I9100XXKP1 firmware
- Android SDK installed, You can download it from Android Developers website by choosing correct operating system, Then install it.After this open SDK manager and download updates
Procedure to enable 3G data modem in I9100XXKP1 Android 4.0.1 ICS for Galaxy S2
- Check the path where you have installed the Android SDK in your PC. It should be in Program files and Android folder.
- Generally the path should be C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
- For Windows goto Run and type CMD and press enter
- Now got to the path where adb.exe is located for example - cd\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
- check whether you have connected mobile properly by typing this command adb devices (this will show the connected device)
- Type adb remount (Suggested by a reader ... thanks to him)
- Now type adb shell chmod 777 /system/bin/rild
- and then adb reboot
Thats it... now you will be able to use 3G data. Refer the screen shots below.
If this Doesn`t work then you need to try method 2.. This is because KP1 modem files doesnt support few operators. You might notice that your automatics date and time settings doesn`t work.
So here is the method 2. (A big thanks to Our reader Netanel)
- Root with I9100XXKP1 rooting guide
- Downloaded ES explorer from market.
- In ES explorer went to settings and checked root explorer and mount file system.
- In ES explorer - settings - made home directory "/" instead of "/sdcard/".
- Download KP2 RIL files bin & lib) from XDA Forum
- Copy paste KP2 ril files (bin & lib) in to your phone \system Bin & lib directory respectively.
- Goto settings - Developer options - enable USB debugging.
- On pc: start - run -cmd
- Connected phone (phone is on).
- In cmd: (before you do this make sure ES explorer is open on your phone)
- "cd\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools " then
- "adb remount" then
- "adb shell chmod 777 /system/bin/rild" then
- "adb reboot"
- after +- 30 sec phone will reboot with 3G!
For This is give Credit to Netanel & codeworkx.