I9100XXLP6 is pretty good and stable firmware. The major bug with this firmware was GPS fixing issue. Thanks to our developer community XDA, you can easily fix GPS bus on I9100XXLP6 firmware in 2 minutes. Follow the instructions below.
** Please install official ICS I9100XXLPQ which doesn't have these bugs **
You need a rooted device for this procedure. Please check I9100XXLP6 rooting guide.
- Download GPSfix.zip Download Link (not required now... use LPQ FW)
- Copy this file to Your phone SD card
- Switch off your phone
- Reboot into CWM recovery mode by pressing Vol Up+home+power button (press till samsung logo comes)
- Click on install ZIP from SD card >> choose ZIP from SD card and locate the file.
- Confirm your action by clicking on yes and wait till update finishes
- Now goback to main menu and reboot your device
You are done ... You will be able to use GPS now :) Check screen shot below..
Thanks to Sboulema(XDA)